DVR Adding Shows On It's Own?!
RedDawnRocker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, my DVR has recently taken to adding shows to it's weekly record list on it's own. It wouldn't be bad if they were decent shows but getting a lot of real estate and reality shows. Anyone have any idea why it could be doing this?

0 Likes
Re: DVR Adding Shows On It's Own?!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So they show up in scheduled recordings or only recorded shows?

If in schedule, check under manage series to ensure that someone hasn't accidentally added them in.

If only recorded, it might be that you have it set to record something else, but guide is incorrect.

First I have heard anyone complaining of this issue.

RedDawnRocker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, for example ...

Tonight I go to my DVR to find 4 sports shows tapings. I don't care for nor watch sports shows. Went to my DVR shows management and none of them are on there. I have no shows I tape on Wednesday nights at this time (8pm-10pm EST) so it can't be a scheduling conflict. I've gotten this and now as of yesterday I'm getting calls on my call list going out from here when no one was in the apartment and it was all locked up nice and tight. It's almost like we have a ghost tenant in our apartment.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Possibly a sticking key on the remote.  Certainly it is not commonly reported that Verizon DVR's are doing such recordings on their own.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wonder if it  might be that your DVR was on another account and it is getting cross info.

May try contacting support to report issues and have them checked.

RedDawnRocker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks everyone 😄 . I know it's not a sticking key as I'm never even in the vicinity of those channels on the box. What CRobGauth suggested seems very likely since when moving into this apartment they had major trouble trying to get my DVR to register as even existing (long story that took over a month to fix). I'll call support this week and see what they have to say 😄 .

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest using twitter @verizonsupport

Not quite as real time, but you can do other things while they look in to it.

0 Likes