DVR Anomalies (Two)
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

I have been have a few anomalies with my DVR service.  First, when recording certain movies or TV shows and I go back to watch the programs later, I find that there are two files or listings for my recording.  It appears that the recordings are getting interupted or split with a few seconds lost in between.  It is as if someone stopped the first part of the recording and started up again.  This has been happening a few times now.

The second thing is with the DVS (Descriptive Video Service).  During recordings of FOX TV shows in particular, they seem to have the DVS turned on and playing even though the DVS is truned off in the settings.  To remedy this, if I turn on DVS in the settings for these shows it turns the DVS off.  It seems to be reversed for the FOX channel.

Thanks for any info on these two DVR issues.

0 Likes
Re: DVR Anomalies (Two)
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Rick5472 wrote:

I have been have a few anomalies with my DVR service.  First, when recording certain movies or TV shows and I go back to watch the programs later, I find that there are two files or listings for my recording.  It appears that the recordings are getting interupted or split with a few seconds lost in between.  It is as if someone stopped the first part of the recording and started up again.  This has been happening a few times now.

The second thing is with the DVS (Descriptive Video Service).  During recordings of FOX TV shows in particular, they seem to have the DVS turned on and playing even though the DVS is truned off in the settings.  To remedy this, if I turn on DVS in the settings for these shows it turns the DVS off.  It seems to be reversed for the FOX channel.

Thanks for any info on these two DVR issues.

With regards to your first issue, this usually happens when Verizon does an update and the box is rebooted.  Will also happen if there is a brief power interruption causing the box to reboot.  The common thing here is that something caused your box to reboot.

Have no idea about DVS, have never had it on and I don't have any issues with FOX programming (VHO8).

0 Likes