Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

DVR Clock

hpowders
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

DVR Clock

Message 1 of 3
(655 Views)

I notice from time to time, when watching TV, my DVR's digital clock reverts back to the station number I am watching and will eventually keep switching from the time to the station number. Is this normal with the FIOS DVR? Perhaps it means information is being transmitted from FIOS headquarters to the DVR? I'm guessing. Happens once in a while, not often, but when it does, it is distracting. I'm not referring to the switch from the time to the station number on the DVR clock, which happens on the hour for one minute, which appears to be normal for the FIOS DVR.

2 REPLIES 2
Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: DVR Clock

Message 2 of 3
(590 Views)

To try to fix the display problem press menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION .

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Chromag
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: DVR Clock

Message 3 of 3
(580 Views)

I just wish they would leave it on the clock.  Does it really need to remind me that I'm rewinding, fast forwarding, or what channel number I'm on?  I can tell all that by looking at the screen - I don't need the front of the DVR to remind me.  I've noticed that it flashes up the channel number a lot on the half hour and/or when it switches to another show.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title