DVR Deletion
cmn9299

My DVR deleted some of my daughter's favorite shows in order to make room for other shows.  The shows are still in the History but it does not give me an option to restore them.  There are options to delete or delete all.  If I were to delete it, it then says deleting this will mean you can no longer restore it.  But it does not give me an option to restore it.  What bothers me is that if I delete a show on my own that is taped, I can go to deleted stuff and it asks me if I want to restore it.  Why does it not give me this feature in the History section? I called Verizon and spent 40 minutes on the phone with a technician who could not figure it out either.  Does anyone know how to restore these shows??

0 Likes
Re: DVR Deletion
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

@cmn9299 wrote:

My DVR deleted some of my daughter's favorite shows in order to make room for other shows.  The shows are still in the History but it does not give me an option to restore them.  There are options to delete or delete all.  If I were to delete it, it then says deleting this will mean you can no longer restore it.  But it does not give me an option to restore it.  What bothers me is that if I delete a show on my own that is taped, I can go to deleted stuff and it asks me if I want to restore it.  Why does it not give me this feature in the History section? I called Verizon and spent 40 minutes on the phone with a technician who could not figure it out either.  Does anyone know how to restore these shows??

Only guessing, but if the programs were deleted to make space on the DVR then perhaps the "Restore" is not present in "History" because there is NO space to restore them to.  Try deleting other content and see if that gives you back the restore function.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@JustaGuy wrote:

@cmn9299 wrote:

Only guessing, but if the programs were deleted to make space on the DVR then perhaps the "Restore" is not present in "History" because there is NO space to restore them to.  Try deleting other content and see if that gives you back the restore function.

Or the space on the hard drive has already been written over by a new recording.

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'lll take PJL's answer for $200, Alex.  That's precisely the reason.

If the content's been overwritten already, it will appear in the history, but you can no longer restore it.  If the content was deleted to make room for another show, you can pretty much bet the old shows were immediately overwritten.

Try the OnDemand library if it was a recent network show and see if it's available for playback.

PJL
Master - Level 3

@lasagna wrote:

I'lll take PJL's answer for $200, Alex.  That's precisely the reason.

If the content's been overwritten already, it will appear in the history, but you can no longer restore it.  If the content was deleted to make room for another show, you can pretty much bet the old shows were immediately overwritten.

Try the OnDemand library if it was a recent network show and see if it's available for playback.

Do I get at least half of the $200?  Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry, I blew it all on the final jeopardy question and went home with only a $1.  Smiley Very Happy