DVR Fios One TV: Delayed playing of Programs
Dualmonitors2

Dear All:

Out of the blue 2 days ago, when i turn on the tv (using a Fios One TV DVR),  the program that it starts playing is NOT on Live TV!   it is on that channel's current program, but it is roughly 30-45 minutes earlier!  I would have to press Fast Forward for a long long time (even at 8x fast forward speed) to fast forward 45 minutes to where the program is at currently.

my situation continued to the next day, during which i called Verizon's tech support.   i believe that the Verizon computer rebooted at least my wireless router (the new one they have that looks like a miniature nuclear reactor), if not the DVR as well (i didn't look at the DVR box, but i noticed that my internet was down during the call for around 3-5 minutes).   After that possible rebooting, my issue was gone, so by the time the Verizon tech support rep came on to the phone, since the automated Verizon computer voice had already rebooted my router or router AND DVR, my situation was gone so there was nothing for the tech support rep to do anymore.

my question is:  has anyone else encountered this please?  what is causing this?  what can we do to avoid this from happening again?  does rebooting always resolve this issue?   does that mean this issue is very easy to resolve should it happen again in the future?

thank you very much in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DVR Fios One TV: Delayed playing of Programs
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Dualmonitors2 wrote:

"...You had some kind of glitch in the system and the reboots cleared the errors"

@clem53:   thanks for your reply.

your comment above, i didn't actually reboot any of my various pieces of Verizon equipment (wireless router - the one that looks like a nuclear reactor in miniature size;  Fios One TV DVR).   HOWEVER, it is possible that the Verizon phone answering computer did reboot something -  possibly the wireless router, as i lost my wifi and ethernet internet signal for around 3-5 minutes while i was on hold for a live person at Verizon's tech support.

so, it might be that automated reboot done by the computer who answered my call initially who did the rebooting without first advising me that it would do so.

That's exactly what happened. They sent out a signal to reboot the device remotely and it cleared the error. If it happens again, just save time and do it yourself, starting with the router.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Dualmonitors2 wrote:

Dear All:

Out of the blue 2 days ago, when i turn on the tv (using a Fios One TV DVR),  the program that it starts playing is NOT on Live TV!   it is on that channel's current program, but it is roughly 30-45 minutes earlier!  I would have to press Fast Forward for a long long time (even at 8x fast forward speed) to fast forward 45 minutes to where the program is at currently.

my situation continued to the next day, during which i called Verizon's tech support.   i believe that the Verizon computer rebooted at least my wireless router (the new one they have that looks like a miniature nuclear reactor), if not the DVR as well (i didn't look at the DVR box, but i noticed that my internet was down during the call for around 3-5 minutes).   After that possible rebooting, my issue was gone, so by the time the Verizon tech support rep came on to the phone, since the automated Verizon computer voice had already rebooted my router or router AND DVR, my situation was gone so there was nothing for the tech support rep to do anymore.

my question is:  has anyone else encountered this please?  what is causing this?  what can we do to avoid this from happening again?  does rebooting always resolve this issue?   does that mean this issue is very easy to resolve should it happen again in the future?

thank you very much in advance.

Whenever you have an issue with Fios gear the best first choice to fix it is to reboot, or power cycle all the devices involved, which includes the router. You start by unplugging power for everything, then plugging  the router back in, wait for it to stabilize, then each Fios box one at a time. Usually that will rid you of any problems. All this sounds like basic computer issue resolution and that's exactly what it is. You had some kind of glitch in the system and the reboots cleared the errors.

Dualmonitors2

"...You had some kind of glitch in the system and the reboots cleared the errors"

your comment above, i didn't actually reboot any of my various pieces of Verizon equipment (wireless router - the one that looks like a nuclear reactor in miniature size;  Fios One TV DVR).   HOWEVER, it is possible that the Verizon phone answering computer did reboot something -  possibly the wireless router, as i lost my wifi and ethernet internet signal for around 3-5 minutes while i was on hold for a live person at Verizon's tech support.

so, it might be that automated reboot done by the computer who answered my call initially who did the rebooting without first advising me that it would do so.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Dualmonitors2 wrote:

That's exactly what happened. They sent out a signal to reboot the device remotely and it cleared the error. If it happens again, just save time and do it yourself, starting with the router.