DVR Freezes During Playback
mckinney01

We've been having trouble A LOT in the last few weeks with DVR playback.  Kind of frustrating when you sit down to watch a two hour show, and an hour into it, the replay freezes.  Some times it is in the first few minutes, too.  Any suggestions?  Tried reboot, reset, and In-Home agent already.  Ugh.

0 Likes
Re: DVR Freezes During Playback
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello mckinney01,

We are sorry for the trouble that you are having. I sent you a PM to further assist you.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model STB do you have? And does it happen while other recordings are going on?

I have had issues (and heard others as well) that if recording and playing back on the old 6416 DVR, you can have issues. Especially remotely.

0 Likes
BillSM
Enthusiast - Level 3

Rather than sending PM's to a forum member how about offering suggestions to all of us who are experiencing similar problems? Smiley Surprised

0 Likes
medmann41
i have 3 dvrs with only one with constant video freezing...all 5 shows i recoreded the other night froze either right at the beginning or somewhere in the middle...it all started last year with the big software upgrade...other ones since have done nothing to improve the situation...ive done the unplugging thing with no difference..nothing resides on top of thr dvr so it,s getting as much ventilation as possible....my other dvrs freeze very little if at all...maybe this unit is worn out...ive had it for over 3 years...guess im going to have to call the dreaded customer service soon.....arrrrrgh
0 Likes
medmann41
I have a Motorola QIP 6416-2 running release 1.9 build 10.95
0 Likes
sboychuck
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the newest Motorola and mine is freezing as well. It seems like an old computer with not enough RAm, and it freezes. Whatever the BUG is, lets get it fixed people.

Thanks.

0 Likes