DVR Issue: Resuming Live Broadcast after Pausing Program
king40041

Hello All,

I am having an issue and not being able to figure out the solution is driving me crazy, so I thought I'd ask for help. With my DVR, I can pause TV and resume it with no problem. I can also skip ahead and replay with no problem as well. Here is my issue. If I pause a program in process and come back to it, how can I resume the live broadcast of said show?

Example: I am watching a show and press pause. 5 minutes later I press play and resume watching the program. I decide that I do not need to watch the show from where I have paused it from and wish to watch the live feed as if I never pressed pause.

I have a TV in another room where I compare the TV's feed and no matter what I do skipping or fast forwarding, I can never get the two to sync. I have even hit the options button and click on "resume live TV" with no luck.

Any suggestions or solutions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

- Rob

0 Likes
Re: DVR Issue: Resuming Live Broadcast after Pausing Program
Justin46
Legend

@king40041 wrote:

Hello All,

I am having an issue and not being able to figure out the solution is driving me crazy, so I thought I'd ask for help. With my DVR, I can pause TV and resume it with no problem. I can also skip ahead and replay with no problem as well. Here is my issue. If I pause a program in process and come back to it, how can I resume the live broadcast of said show?

Example: I am watching a show and press pause. 5 minutes later I press play and resume watching the program. I decide that I do not need to watch the show from where I have paused it from and wish to watch the live feed as if I never pressed pause.

I have a TV in another room where I compare the TV's feed and no matter what I do skipping or fast forwarding, I can never get the two to sync. I have even hit the options button and click on "resume live TV" with no luck.

Any suggestions or solutions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

- Rob

First of all, you should be able to easily resume "live" viewing by simply hitting the big FiOS TV button while the program is paused (or really at any time, paused or not).

Now trying to get the picture and sound in synce on two different TVs attached to two different STBs, where one of the STBs is a DVR, is a different issue. Not going to happen. The DVR is ALWAYS buffering two channels, the one you are currently tuned to, and the last one tuned to. Since the DVR is buffering, it writes the program to the hard drive and then displays it from there; thus there will always be a little delay when viewing the program "live" on the TV attached to the DVR vs. viewing it really live on a TV attached to a non-DVR device. Just the way it works.

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Re: DVR Issue: Resuming Live Broadcast after Pausing Program
PJL
Master - Level 3

Hit the large FiOS TV button.  This should resume the live feed.

0 Likes