DVR Issue - Some recorded shows can't be played
nmilot
Contributor - Level 1

I ran into a strange issue a couple weeks ago.  I recorded a new episode of The Office, but when trying to play it back, nothing happens.  When trying to play it, the screen flashes for a second and then just goes back to live TV.  All of my other recordings work.  My DVR box is only about 50% full.  I tried powering off the DVR box, but that didn't help.  Eventually ended up deleting this recording.

Two weeks later it happened again, this time with a different show.

Thoughts?

Re: DVR Issue - Some recorded shows can't be played
JonR
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is happening to me also.  Verizon did an update to the DVR several weeks ago, and since then I have lost about 5 recordings.  Upon playback, the screen flashes and then shoots to live TV - but only for once in a while, not all the time.

JonR
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just called Verizon.  They claim it to be an update problem - they downloaded and installed the patch, and that should fix the problem.  Time will tell....if it botches another show, I will post it here.  If I don't post, it means the problem is fixed and anyone with this problem should call Verizon support at 1-800-837-4966

nmilot
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks!  I will do the same.

ronwhit
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had exactly the same problem and have now lost at least four programs. I called Verizon Tech Support last week and was told that there was no patch that could be downloaded. Instead the latest system (1.7) was downloaded again to my box. This evening a program I scheduled to record successfully did record, but now cannot be played. It is included in the list of recorded programs, and according to the times of the recorder status, should be there.

Unbelievably frustrating.

nmilot
Contributor - Level 1

Fixed!!!!!!  My one year contract with FiOS ends on Wednesday, I called Comcast and they will be at my house by noon.

Lurker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Arrggghhh!!!! I have at least 8 shows botched!!! It all started after I noticed a firmware update a few weeks ago like stated here. Just right now one more show that I recorded couldn't play!!!!

I getting really **bleep**!!!!!

What is the solution to this problem? A replacement wouldn't help since this is a firmware problem, right?

Cancel Fios and go back to TWC? Hahaha

Now, everytime i record a show, I'm praying it doesn't F up!!

rozziland
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having this issue, and lost two recordings.  I haven't done anything to troubleshoot it yet, though.  So, even though this is supposedly a software issue, has anyone done anything like a hard reset (holding down those two buttons) of the DVR to see if anything improves?

JamesTX10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have lost several shows (8) so far. This needs to be fixed PRONTO

90days
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's it? No comments or solution from Verizon? I'm on a 90 day trial.....guess what happens in 90 days? Where's the service? In India?