DVR Issues in Quantum TV
Coqui1

I have been having issues recording series.  Was advised by Technical Support they are aware of it and an upgrade will be done but couldn't say when.  I don't understand why every time Verizon puts out a new product it never works properly.  Is anyone else having these same issues?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: DVR Issues in Quantum TV
amyleigh1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been having the same problem for the last couple days.  I called today and was given the same information.  However, I was told that the problem is being worked on and should be corrected during the next monthly update, which may be 2-3 weeks!  How could they think this is ok?  This is not a "little" problem.  

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you both be more specific on your issues?

Lots of people have Quantum and all the issues I have heard of are annoynances, not major.

0 Likes
Coqui1

If you want to records a series it won't let you but tells you there's an error in the settings, you have to record manually but not using the manual button because it won't let you, you have to go to guide & click red record button in order for it to work. I was told they are waiting for an upgrade but they refused to give me a date. 

0 Likes
amyleigh1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Right, you can only record through the guide.  I suppose whether you consider it a problem or an annoyance depends on your perspective.  I consider it a "problem" because I use the search function almost exclusively to find the content I want to watch.  I couldn't tell you what any of the channels are let alone where to find them on the guide.  In addition, if I'm trying to set something to record next week then I have to scroll through several days of programming to get to it.  It's not a speedy function even if you're only looking for somethingin two hours ahead.  I was pretty flabbergasted when I called and was told it's a known problem and there was no timeline as to when it would be fixed other than maybe 2-3 weeks.  I recently switched from Brighthouse to FIOS because I was hoping for a BETTER product.  Up until now it has been.

0 Likes
PJF310
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is not a Quantum TV issue but an overall issue with some update they did. I don't have Quantum TV and am having the same issue.

I posted this thread 

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/DVR-Recording-problems/td-p/729979

Which I left out details stated in my thread. But the exact same issue

0 Likes
swany0359

I recently switched/upgraded to Quantum and am having problems with the digital voicemail.  When I attempt to listen to a message I receive the alert "failure/connection Error, Please try again Later.  This has been the message I receive since upgrading.

0 Likes
AugAceP

I have had issues with the Quantum DVR as well. The latest was last night: I recorded 3 shows from the same channel. When I go into the DVR menu it showed all three shows recorded the right length. When I clicked on any of them I received an error that I couldn't access them at this time and try again later. So I gave it until this morning and still had the same error. So I rebooted the DVR and, lo and behold, all three of the recorded programs had magically vanished from my recorded list. I have never had that error previously, not even on the older 2-show recording DVR. Other issues I have been having is some super slow reacting remote control commands. Sometimes it just does nothing so I turn off the DVR and turn it back on. Worst case scenario I have to reboot DVR to get it to go back to quick response. They definitely have to release some firmware updates for this DVR.

0 Likes