DVR Junk! Junk! Junk!
ossa

I can't believe Verizon emailed me and asked me to participate in a survey, asking all the wonderful new features I'd like to have added to the DVR. Are they kidding me? How about getting the most basic capabilities working before adding new frills. The 'networking' between the DVR and the other boxes is a joke. Half the time some command is issued against a recorded program on one of the networked boxes, the command fails. Hitting the forward or back button half the time just puts you in the same spot. Hit it again and maybe it will move you forward. Or then again, it may leave you in a stuttering, pixilating playback mode you must fix by stopping and restarting the program. Junk! I moved off DishNetwork because we had need of local cable access programming. Boy, am I sorry. I'm not even talking about so many features I've given up from Dish as well: Adequate disk space, program information that tells me episode number/whether it's a rerun/etc. and many many more leave behinds. Oh, and then there's Verizon's legendary customer non-service. It's ALWAYS a total waste of time to call them - assuming you have an hour to stay on hold. Oh also, they can never figure out who I am because I don't have a Verizon land-line. They index all customer information to a VERIZON phone number. So if you don't have one, you're nothing to them. Junk!!!!

0 Likes
Re: DVR Junk! Junk! Junk!
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

First off in that survey Verizon mentioned would we pay to watch a recorded show on the PC.  I would never pay for a service like that.  Should be part of the service.

What version of IMG software is running on your STBs?

When I had the previous version 1.6??? The networking between the main DVR and another TV was fine in play mode but when you tried to ff it was horrible.  Since I've received 1.7 this works for me very seamless.  I just find it annoying that I can't delete the show I just watched from that other STB yet I can do this from the Internet.  Kinda strange they haven't thought of doing this yet I can do this from my PC or even my blackberry.  Too bad I don't keep either in my bed at night when I'm watching recorded shows.

The channel guide is getting better but I must admit many shows that we record "new" still end up recording old shows because some {please keep your posts courteous} in the channel guide dept. can't determine if the show is new or not.  Its pathetic that a show that says 2008 is marked as new.  Like I said its getting better but we never had anything like this with DirecTV. 

0 Likes
Re: DVR Junk! Junk! Junk!
Weekender
Enthusiast - Level 3

I didn't receive a survey, but I'd like to see TRUE tuner swap functionality.  Not the "Last" 2-channel toogle functionality available today.  I want to Pause live TV on Tuner A, swap to Tuner B, channel surf to my hearts content (changing channels 100 times if I desire), and then swap back to Tuner A and resume watching my paused program.  The "Last" button should toogle back and forth between the 2 most recent channels on the current tuner.  It should not swap.  This functionality is available with several other service providers.

0 Likes