DVR Media Center restarts
yottskry
Enthusiast - Level 1

My DVR keeps resetting. It seems to do it when I turn off my TV. I can tell it restarts because there will be multiple recording for the same show. Each recording will be about a minute or less. By looking at different shows I counted 15 restarts in about 2 hours. 

Verizon replaced the DVR and now the new one is doing it. Has anyone had this issue? It is really frustrating. For the entire day I believe it is reaching 30+ restarts. I replaced the power cord and HDMI cable with the new box. 

I have a Samsung TV so I use the Samsung One box. 

0 Likes
Re: DVR Media Center restarts
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@yottskry wrote:

My DVR keeps resetting. It seems to do it when I turn off my TV. I can tell it restarts because there will be multiple recording for the same show. Each recording will be about a minute or less. By looking at different shows I counted 15 restarts in about 2 hours. 

Verizon replaced the DVR and now the new one is doing it. Has anyone had this issue? It is really frustrating. For the entire day I believe it is reaching 30+ restarts. I replaced the power cord and HDMI cable with the new box. 

I have a Samsung TV so I use the Samsung One box. 

Look at: menu>settings>audio and video>video settings>TV input control and make sure it is DISABLED.

yottskry
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tried that. Also turned of the HDMi control thing on the TV. Still reboots. Now the DVR is not working because it is saying my DVR is full but there is nothing on it. It seems to do a full reboot that resets everything. Even the remote needs to be re connected to the DVR.  

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@yottskry wrote:

Tried that. Also turned of the HDMi control thing on the TV. Still reboots. Now the DVR is not working because it is saying my DVR is full but there is nothing on it. It seems to do a full reboot that resets everything. Even the remote needs to be re connected to the DVR.  

Have you tried unplugging the box from power for 3 or more minutes then plugging it in? Did you try a factory reset  in the Fios menu? If yes to both, it sounds like a replacement box is in your future.

0 Likes
ChrisD84

Was there ever a resolution to this? I am having the same issue. I disabled the cec and have had 2 replacement boxes sent to me. They all have done it. It only happens when the tv gets turned off after it’s been on for at least an hour or so. I’ve talked to at least four different techs and no one has been able to help so far. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ChrisD84 wrote:

Was there ever a resolution to this? I am having the same issue. I disabled the cec and have had 2 replacement boxes sent to me. They all have done it. It only happens when the tv gets turned off after it’s been on for at least an hour or so. I’ve talked to at least four different techs and no one has been able to help so far. 

Don't know if it will help, but have you tried using a different input for the Fios box on the TV? Does the box do a full reboot, reloads program information and all that? The ONLY thing that could cause that is either a command from the remote, or flaky power, or a bad box or power supply for the box. Did they send a new power supply with the new box?

0 Likes