DVR NEXT & PREV not working
mrg_19991
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently my DVR has started acting up when I'm watching live TV. When I try to skip forward or backward (by using the NEXT and PREV buttons on the remote), the show will jump all the way to the beginning. This seems to only happen when I'm watching live TV and not a recorded show...any ideas??

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: DVR NEXT & PREV not working
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

@mrg_1999 wrote:

Recently my DVR has started acting up when I'm watching live TV. When I try to skip forward or backward (by using the NEXT and PREV buttons on the remote), the show will jump all the way to the beginning. This seems to only happen when I'm watching live TV and not a recorded show...any ideas??

Thanks!

mrg_1999,

When watching live TV the "Next" button should have no functionality.  The "Prev" button should invoke a "replay" functionality.  If anything else is happening it is possible that the remote itself is the culprit rather than the STB.  I would check out the following .pdf (user guide for Philips RC 1445302 Remote) and follow the instructions on resetting and reprogramming the remote to see if that makes a difference.

If that doesn't work, then it COULD be the STB.  In the event that resetting the remote does not work, do you have any other FiOS remotes in the house to test with.  Or perhaps another DVR in which you can test this remote with?

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes