DVR - PC CONNECT
HabeasX

Can anyone tell me how to connect my Verizon FIOS DVR to my PC so I can transfer my movies off of it like I did with my awesome TiVo?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DVR - PC CONNECT
Libra28
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes you can transfer movies etc to your pc you will need additional hardware such as a Plextor PX-TV402U (i dont work for them) and the software that comes with it

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
You can not transfer movies off of the DVR to your computer.
0 Likes
Libra28
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes you can transfer movies etc to your pc you will need additional hardware such as a Plextor PX-TV402U (i dont work for them) and the software that comes with it

0 Likes
HabeasX

Wow, thanks for that info about the PVR.  I'm looking into it now.  Looks like a cheaper solution than going with TiVo.

0 Likes
speedo123
Contributor - Level 1
If you still have your TiVo box, you can get a cable card from Verizon and use it instead of the FIOS box.  Then you'll have that capability again.  Plus, you can send the FIOS "rent only" box back.
0 Likes
snhutch
I have an older Sony Digital-8 camcorder, and I simply connect the camera's A/V cable to the set top box.  I can record onto the camera tape, or (better) connect my camera to my PC at the sametime via firewire and use my movie software to capture the program.  It works great (so far).
0 Likes