DVR Playback Issues
Bridoc10

Hello, all.

I'm a new Fios customer.  So far, I'm a bit disappointed with the DVR playback.  I have the 7216 STB, and often have "glitchy" playback. Sometimes my key strokes aren't recognized.  Other times, I push PLAY and nothing happens.

Some internet research has shown that the earlier HD-DVR set top boxes - 6000 series, I think - work better.  Any input on that?  How would I go about replacing my two DVR systems with these?  Is there any way I can pick these up at a store and self-install?  I really don't want to wait another several hours for a tech to show up.

Thanks for your advice.

Brian

0 Likes
Re: DVR Playback Issues
spacedebrisR
Contributor - Level 1
Yeah, the 6xxx series boxes were much better. But from what I've been able to uncover, Verizon was forced to switch from the 6xxx series boxes to the 7xxx series because of something to do with the "access card". Back in July '08 a federal law went into effect requiring that the access card in the box to be able to be replaced by the consumer. The 6xxx boxes had a chip installed inside that was a perminate system and by the new fcc rules was no longer allowed. The new 7xxx boxes have a removable card (DO NOT TRY TO REMOVE IT AS YOU BOX WILL NO LONGER WORK, EVEN IF YOU PUT THE CARD BACK IN) and from what I understand is that there is a new operating system in the motorola boxes that glitches with the verizon software. They are constantly fixing one issue and then finding two more. Maybe one of these days they will get it iron'd out. Reminds me of microsoft. throw it out there and THEN troubleshoot and patch
0 Likes