DVR Recording Problem
JanetInNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

We were away on vacation this week.  My son has an HD DVR in his room.  He scheduled several programs to record while we were gone.  NONE of them recorded.  Weird -- they are showing up on the DVR schedule, but the dates have passed. 

He recorded something last weekend before we left with no problem.  His DVR is not full -- it's only at 42%.  

If you press "rec" button on remote, Record Dialog box will come up on screen, but nothing records.

Anybody have any ideas on what the problem is?  My DVR works fine.

Thanks.

Janet in NJ 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DVR Recording Problem
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2
You can try to reset the box and see if it helps. Unplug the box, wait 30 seconds and plug it back in. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2
You can try to reset the box and see if it helps. Unplug the box, wait 30 seconds and plug it back in. 
0 Likes
JanetInNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should've known to do that.  Thank you.  He reset the box and everything is working right now.

0 Likes
Same problem and not the first time
Alicia

I had the exact same problem. Unplugging to reset did fix it, thanks.

Note that my experience is that every time Verizon changes

its channel lineup or the Interactive Media Guide, my DVR gets all screwed up. In this case, my channel lineup had been changed

recently through a Verizon "upgrade". This was the first time I was trying to record anything using the new channels. I deleted all of my old series recordings (since

the channels now were not correct) and set up new ones. Series manager showed that shows were to be recorded on Sept 1 and Sept

3. So now, on Sept 7, I went to watch what I'd recorded, but no recordings! Even though they still showed up in the schedule. I should

have known to reset the DVR before I set anything up. This is not the first time I've had this problem. I wonder if Verizon will ever fix

this?

Moral: whenever Verizon does any "upgrade", be sure to reset the DVR before setting up any recordings.

0 Likes
Re: Same problem and not the first time
cmdey
Ditto on this, and resetting works. It does appear to occur every once in a while. I guess it is from their updating!
0 Likes