DVR Recording Problem

SOLVED
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

DVR Recording Problem

Message 1 of 5
(6,772 Views)

We were away on vacation this week.  My son has an HD DVR in his room.  He scheduled several programs to record while we were gone.  NONE of them recorded.  Weird -- they are showing up on the DVR schedule, but the dates have passed. 

He recorded something last weekend before we left with no problem.  His DVR is not full -- it's only at 42%.  

If you press "rec" button on remote, Record Dialog box will come up on screen, but nothing records.

Anybody have any ideas on what the problem is?  My DVR works fine.

Thanks.

Janet in NJ 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: DVR Recording Problem

Message 2 of 5
(6,765 Views)
You can try to reset the box and see if it helps. Unplug the box, wait 30 seconds and plug it back in. 
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: DVR Recording Problem

Message 3 of 5
(6,728 Views)

I should've known to do that.  Thank you.  He reset the box and everything is working right now.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem and not the first time

Message 4 of 5
(6,708 Views)

I had the exact same problem. Unplugging to reset did fix it, thanks.

Note that my experience is that every time Verizon changes

its channel lineup or the Interactive Media Guide, my DVR gets all screwed up. In this case, my channel lineup had been changed

recently through a Verizon "upgrade". This was the first time I was trying to record anything using the new channels. I deleted all of my old series recordings (since

the channels now were not correct) and set up new ones. Series manager showed that shows were to be recorded on Sept 1 and Sept

3. So now, on Sept 7, I went to watch what I'd recorded, but no recordings! Even though they still showed up in the schedule. I should

have known to reset the DVR before I set anything up. This is not the first time I've had this problem. I wonder if Verizon will ever fix

this?

Moral: whenever Verizon does any "upgrade", be sure to reset the DVR before setting up any recordings.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Same problem and not the first time

Message 5 of 5
(6,634 Views)
Ditto on this, and resetting works. It does appear to occur every once in a while. I guess it is from their updating!
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.