DVR Recording Question
vinnyv07
Contributor - Level 1
I have a question about recording a show 20 mins into the start of the show. This week 24 was on and I forgot to set the dvr to record the series and forgot to record the episode. So I went quickly on-line to start the recording. When I checked the recording the next day I found that the whole show recorded even though I started the recording 20 mins into the show. I tried to do the same for a show on the travel ch and it was about 20 mins into the show when I started recording and it didn't record from the beginning of the show. My question is why did 24 start from the beginning when the travel ch show started form the point of the recording command?
Message Edited by vinnyv07 on 01-23-2009 01:03 PM
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DVR Recording Question
Keyboards
Master - Level 3
You were fortunate enought that one of your tuners was already tuned to FOX.  There is approximately a 1 hour buffer and if you hit record it will start recording from the beginning of the show even though you started recording after the show began.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3
You were fortunate enought that one of your tuners was already tuned to FOX.  There is approximately a 1 hour buffer and if you hit record it will start recording from the beginning of the show even though you started recording after the show began.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

My guess would be that one of the two tuners in the DVR happened to be set to the channel for 24, while neither was set to the channel for the travel channel. The DVR automatically buffers programs from the channels the two tuners are set to so that if you decide after viewing a channel for a while that you would like to record the complete show you can do.

Again, just my guess.

Edit: I see Keyboards beat me to it, but at least we have the same answer  Smiley Happy 

Keller, TX

Message Edited by Justin on 01-23-2009 03:28 PM
0 Likes
vinnyv07
Contributor - Level 1
Hey thanks for the info. Yes, that would make sense. The DVR was probably on FOX and when I hit record 20 mins late it recorded from the beginning of the show for me. Pretty cool though.
0 Likes