DVR Recording ending early
Pyao
Contributor - Level 1

In NJ, the scheduled recordings are always cutting off before the show is over, it's like the clock is off by a minute.

This is frustrating for shows that tell you the result at the very end like Flip Boston/Vegas.

If I extend the show by additional minutes, it would eat into the starting time of the next show (since there is no way to delay starting show by 1 minute).   This effectively would make the DVR a  1 tuner instead of 2.

e.g.  8pm to 9:01pm    (I cannot have 2 shows recording from 9pm)

Any idea to go about solving this issue?

0 Likes
Re: DVR Recording ending early
jclark4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here.  I had this problem with the Fios DVR.  I upgraded to Quantum and still have the same problem with the media server.  Shows are set to start on time and end on time.  Instead, shows will start one minute early and end one minute early.  I have set series options to extend end time by one minute.  Because of Quantum, I'm able to do this and record two or more shows.  The extended time does not work if another show on the same channel is being recorded after the first show. Even with the extended end time of one minute, the recording still stops early.  An hour show should show record time of one hour one minute but usually shows less than this.

0 Likes