DVR Recording issues
markw314159

I've had my DVR for about 10 months. I have a number of series set for recording. Stgarting this past weekend, recordings are cut short. There are two recordings in the list, each about 6 seconds in length, of the same show. Playing shows nothing. 

As I typed this, three shows that had two sets of six second recordings disappeared from the DVR. Sharknado (don't ask) was supposed to record starting 35 minutes ago. There are two recordings for it. Each is 9 seconds long. Playing either one immedaitely returns me to the current channel (nothing plays from the recording). Strangely, however, another show on another channel recorded just fine earlier tonight. It doesn't seem to matter if I record a show manually or as part of a series.

I doubt my DVR is concerned with what I'm recording and decided not to record Sharknado (or the other shows that it didn't record) on its own. So any ideas what's happening? is my DVR dying so soon?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes
Re: DVR Recording issues
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Possibly.

Try a reboot of the DVR.

0 Likes
PJF310
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon did some kind of update and has screwed up the entire recording part of the DVR.

Hopefully VZ puts out a fix for this since I'm seeing threads popping up about it AND I'm sure they are getting calls daily for this as well

0 Likes
onthepond1

I have had a similar problem...the same program with 2 five minute recordings...trying to access the recording gives an error message and try again later(obviously, this is fruitless as the recording indicates it is only 5 minutes long)...reboot does nothing.....

0 Likes