DVR Remote recording
Fred8291952

I can't get my remote app to record remotely.  I know I need to set it up from MYVERIZON online and when I go on it always tells me the set top boxes are mot responding, and I have to register my device to get it to work.

I downloaded the app, it always times out and wont let me record, on my TV I have a conformation number for whatever good that does, but I am never asked for it.     The bottom line I want to record from my mobile phone what gets this done.  NOT ONE PERSON in Verizon can get this to work and it has been months. They always say I will get back to you and NO ONE ever does. Before I go back to Cable vision/optimum I will give this community a shot.  FIOS so far has been a HUGE disappointment and not worth the money am I alone with this feeling?

0 Likes
Re: DVR Remote recording
prisaz
Legend

If you have gone to MyVerizon.com and registered your device by selecting DVR on the menu, and also enabled it in the settings on the box, you ay wish to try the following.

Unplug the DVR, reset the modem. Not just power cycle, but reset with a paper clip. After the Internet comes back up, plug the DVR back in and go to the settings to be sure it says the remote DVR is enabled. If that does not work, contact tech support, perhaps the online chat may be the fastest method. Have them make sure they can contact the DVR and that the proper port forwarding is setup in the router. It should do it automaticly now from what I have read. But sometimes depending on perhaps the router version, it may not.

I also pointed this post out to some Verizon employees. They should get back to you and help. Look for a private message.

Re: DVR Remote recording
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Prisaz: Great information to pass along, thanks!

Fred: Please go into the MENU, then CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION.  If you are still experiencing problems after doing this, please send a private message.