Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

DVR Series recording limit to 5 shows

BenS
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

DVR Series recording limit to 5 shows

Message 1 of 2
(1,196 Views)

I have my DVR set to record a number of older shows. The shows are re-runs and are on quite often. I have my DVR set up to record first run and repeats, up to 5 episodes, until space is needed and no repeats.

When my DVR shows that 5 programs are recoded I thought that it would NOT record another show until one of the 5 recoded shows was deleted. However what I found out was that the DVR will continue to record shows (even when 5 shows are recorded) and just remove one of the already recorded shows. Thus my recorder is always recoding something. Is there a way to set the DVR to only record shows when one of the 5 previously recorded shows is deleted?  Thanks

1 REPLY 1
tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: DVR Series recording limit to 5 shows

Message 2 of 2
(1,122 Views)

nope.  At one time it acutally used to keep more than 5 shows if their was space.  But some people did not like that solution, and so it was FIXED.

I believe you can flag an episode as do not delete until I delete.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.