DVR Software Upgrade. WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL MY RECORDINGS?????
pacia
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apparently my DVR (motorola quip7232) had its firmware updated in the past 24 hrs. I didn't get any warning, but the interface now looks different from yesterday.  Menus, color patterns, screen buttons..Everything has been changed.   I like the improvement but I DON'T LIKE THE SURPRISE....the surprise that came along with this upgrade is that my DVR is empty!!!

I probably had 4-5 movies, 10-15 series episodes and 10-15 misc shows that I wanted to watch.....WHAT THE HELL!!!!!

Can Verizon at least let me manage this transition?...If I knew it, I would have delayed this upgrade and managed with my recordings.

Also, my recording schedule has gone!!!....VERY VERY VERY POORLY MANAGED!!!

VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

0 Likes
Re: DVR Software Upgrade. WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL MY RECORDINGS?????
KenWVT1
Enthusiast - Level 3

My dvr upgraded last night and i did not lose my recordings. What happened to you was an exception, not the rule. You should call Verizon to complain as they don't always read these messages. This forum is for user to user discussion.

-Ken

0 Likes
Jbout

Same thing happened to me Lost all my DVR listings.  Verizon is the WORST. It has been one problem after another.  I have the newer box that has the larger capacity.

0 Likes
cherot1
I have exactly the same problem. First all of my recordings disappeared but the recorder still said it was 47% full. The Troubleshooter suggested rebooting and reassured my that none of my content or settings would be lost. it lied! After rebooting, the recorder is now 0% full and all my recorded shows and series are gone. I have been on hold with Verizon for 45 minutes so I suspect I am not the only one with this problem.
0 Likes
Nightrider

I also received the software upgrade to my Motorola 6416

I hate the new interface and consider it a useless.

Classic guide view is not working.

0 Likes
Mitzie1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing happened to us. I called and was told that they could do nothing. We have two DVR'S and both  had nothing left on them. Not happy.

0 Likes