DVR Splits Recorded Show into Two Segments?
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue with their DVR splitting a show into two segments?

I have the Motorola 7216? Home Media DVR.  At times, when we record a show, and then go to play it, the show will be listed in the Recorded Programs as two shows.  For instance, the first listing will list that the show recorded for 7 minutes.  Then, the second listing of the same show will show that it recorded for the remaining 23 minutes.  It is the same 30 minute show, but for some reason, the DVR stops recording after so many minutes, and then finishes recording the show as a second show.

Has this happened with anyone else, and if so, is there anything that can be done to fix this?  The only answer I have gotten from Verizon is to unplug the DVR to reset it. 

This doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough that I find this annoying.

I would appreciate any input anyone can give.  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DVR Splits Recorded Show into Two Segments?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

It can also happen if Verizon does a download to the STB.  Also (at least in my area) VZ periodically does remote resets to the STB in the middle of the night (early morning actually - 2 to 4 AM) which as others have stated will cause the "split" recording.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

It happens if you have a temporary power disruption or if there is an EAS alert

0 Likes
Suzanne7777
Contributor - Level 1

@MiMeQu wrote:

I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue with their DVR splitting a show into two segments?

I have the Motorola 7216? Home Media DVR.  At times, when we record a show, and then go to play it, the show will be listed in the Recorded Programs as two shows.  For instance, the first listing will list that the show recorded for 7 minutes.  Then, the second listing of the same show will show that it recorded for the remaining 23 minutes.  It is the same 30 minute show, but for some reason, the DVR stops recording after so many minutes, and then finishes recording the show as a second show.

Has this happened with anyone else, and if so, is there anything that can be done to fix this?  The only answer I have gotten from Verizon is to unplug the DVR to reset it. 

This doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough that I find this annoying.

I would appreciate any input anyone can give.  Thanks.

This has happened to me on occasion, but  the reason was that there was a power surge, and the box rebooted.  Or, if the STB crashes and reboots, it also splits the recording.  Other than power issues or stb reboots, it hasn't happened, and I have the same STB.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

It can also happen if Verizon does a download to the STB.  Also (at least in my area) VZ periodically does remote resets to the STB in the middle of the night (early morning actually - 2 to 4 AM) which as others have stated will cause the "split" recording.

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you all for the information.  Come to think of it, alot of the "split" shows that I get are from the middle of the night.  We like to watch alot of the home shows on HGTV, so I DVR the ones that are on after midnight.  I can't recall this happening with any other shows.  Thanks again.

0 Likes