DVR Strange behavior
rlloyd138

fios DVR

1.5 TB external  drive/ Additional Storage

Hi,

This is a new setup. When my DVR first started recording shows to my external 1.5 TB drive it was using  up a lot off space ( 1-2% per 1/2 hour show) .  I'm new to fios  so I thought may that is how it work, fios just uses a lot of disk space to record shows. A couple of days ago I had to unplug my DVR to move it on to a new surge protector and once I plugged it in again every recording I had in my recording list was duplicated.  I went through and deleted all of the duplicates. After I did this the percent of drive space used went from 24% down to 0% .  All the recordings played fine  and they were taking up very little space, this is more along the lines of how I expected my DVR to utilize my 1.5 TB of drive space. This made me thinks  that before I rebooted  my DVR  was doing  a recording it was doing 2x the recording, but some how the reboot fiex this.

Last night my DVR started taking up the 1-2% of drive space per show again, so now I am really confused as to what is going on. I have tried  using the self repair option the DVR has to no avail.

I guess my question are 1) why is my DVR using so much drive space with so little recorded and 2) why when I rebooted the DVR did it duplicate all of my recordings?

Does anyone have any Idea whats going on and how to fix it?

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes