Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

DVR Strange behavior

rlloyd138
Contributor
Contributor

DVR Strange behavior

Message 1 of 1
(272 Views)

fios DVR

1.5 TB external  drive/ Additional Storage

Hi,

This is a new setup. When my DVR first started recording shows to my external 1.5 TB drive it was using  up a lot off space ( 1-2% per 1/2 hour show) .  I'm new to fios  so I thought may that is how it work, fios just uses a lot of disk space to record shows. A couple of days ago I had to unplug my DVR to move it on to a new surge protector and once I plugged it in again every recording I had in my recording list was duplicated.  I went through and deleted all of the duplicates. After I did this the percent of drive space used went from 24% down to 0% .  All the recordings played fine  and they were taking up very little space, this is more along the lines of how I expected my DVR to utilize my 1.5 TB of drive space. This made me thinks  that before I rebooted  my DVR  was doing  a recording it was doing 2x the recording, but some how the reboot fiex this.

Last night my DVR started taking up the 1-2% of drive space per show again, so now I am really confused as to what is going on. I have tried  using the self repair option the DVR has to no avail.

I guess my question are 1) why is my DVR using so much drive space with so little recorded and 2) why when I rebooted the DVR did it duplicate all of my recordings?

Does anyone have any Idea whats going on and how to fix it?

Thank you in advance!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title