DVR Time
twig1

Has anyone had trouble with the DVR not accurately reflecting the time still left to record?  I record a few shows, an hour apiece, and it states that the box is 35% full.  Ridiculous!  I have to unplug and regplug the TV several times a day to see the correct usage.  It might say 30%, e.g., the next time, but it NEVER shows the real amount of time that's left.  I have called a zillion times and have been told that it's a "known software problem" they're working on.  This has been going on for over a year!  Suggestions, anyone?

0 Likes
Re: DVR Time
Hubrisnxs
Legend

yeah, it's a known problem with motorola dvr's. 

fortunately there is a known fix for it, but you have to remember to do this, when you have the problem. 

basically start by hitting menu > settings > system info    on the system info page just punch in the numbers 4883 

you'll see a message that you have executed command 4883 succesfully.   hit ok, and then reboot the box

you can either reboot it manually by unplugging it, counting to ten and then plugging it back in, or you can do it in the menu. 

menu > customer support > in home agent > reboot STB (set top box)

0 Likes
AaronA1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I dont know if its an actual software issue you are dealing with. My DVR problem isnt the software but the crappy hardware. My box has a 160 gig hard drive which equals about 20 shows. Verizon has 160 and 500 Gig boxes but good luck getting one. I called customer service who said that they can send me a box but it wont be a better one it will be exactly the same. When I asked how to get the better one they said they can send it to a verizon location. Which is wierd?!? I live in Southern Caifornia. The funny thing is, out of the hundreds of Verizon stores by my house, for reasons unknown, they can only deliver the box to a certain verizon location. Not any location in Los Angeles, not any location in San Diego, the two local major cities, but a small little town about 3 hours away. Customer service with Verizon is horrible. I just switched because I hated Time Warner but I think i hate Verizon even more. Oh yeah, my super fast FIOS, the one I supposed to geet 30 Mb/s Downloads 4 MB per sec.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

You can request one of the 500 gb dvr's by signing into your My Verizon account.

So go to www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral     log in.

click on my tv

then the sub menu that says STB or set top boxes

and on that screen on the right side you'll see a small ad that says "do you want to get more out of your DVR"  or something to that effect.

then you click on it and fill out the info.  they have already started calling people back to initiate the upgrade, and sending emails to those that sign up at that website. 

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@AaronA wrote:

my super fast FIOS, the one I supposed to geet 30 Mb/s Downloads 4 MB per sec.

4 MB/Sec (megabytes/sec) = 32 Mbps (megabits/sec).  What's the problem?

BTW, there is no 30Mbps down speed tier.  Only 25/25 and 35/35.