DVR Timing off
gregk107

I recorded a couple of programs a few days ago.  As I was watching them tonight, I realized that I was watching about 45-60 seconds of the previous program before the one I'd recorded came on.  Towards the end of that program, it abruptly went to the next program.  Somehow, whatever controls the start recording time and end recording time has gotten off-kilter.  Is there a way to change this?

0 Likes
Re: DVR Timing off
Justin46
Legend

My guess would be that it is not the DVR being off, it is the network(s) not starting/stopping the programs at the time shown in the Guide. That could be the fault of the network(s) or the Guide data provider Verizon uses, which is FYI Inc. The networks have gotten in the habit of starting and ending some programs a minute or two early or late, I suspect to keep you on the channel when the program you were watching ends.

When you select to record a series you can adjust the start and stop times to possibly account for the odd times. As far as I know you cannot do that for a single recording, you must go in and make the changes manually, and they cannot be done once recording has started.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

It could be what Justin says, also the DVR starts recording about 30 seconds before start time. I don't understand your complaint. Wouldn't you rather have 45 seconds of the previous show than it start 45 seconds into the show you want?

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@matcarl wrote:

It could be what Justin says, also the DVR starts recording about 30 seconds before start time. I don't understand your complaint. Wouldn't you rather have 45 seconds of the previous show than it start 45 seconds into the show you want?

I think the real complaint is that if there are back to back recordings that the end of the first one gets gets cut short.  Again, as others have said, this may be the a network issue as to start and end times or a guide error (not unusual).

0 Likes