On the 19th of Jan. an update was done at 3:00 am. I have two media player DVR's. One of the two now show the DVR at 90% full and I am unable to send commands to the DVR from the help menu. The other DVR shows teh capacity correctly but also will not send commands to the DVR. After two conversations with Verizon Tech I was told they were aware of the update issue and were working on fix/patch to correct the issues. On the 20th my ticket was closed and the issue was not fixed. I had another ticket opened on the 21st and on the 22nd it was closed so I called a 3rd time. I was told that the reason the tickets are being closed is to ensure their stats are not affected even though they know the issue is not resolved. Why are the tickets being closed? When will the patch be sent out? Why am I getting the run around now? Also I was told that I could replace my box and I would not loose any recorded content and we all know that is not true. This was what I was told on the 3rd call. The person I talked to has no idea that you cannot upload recorded content to the cloud and insisted I could. I had to tell them you send your settings but not the content. So in short how the hell are you to fix an issue if you keep closing out repair ticktes for stat purposes?
Not sure what you mean by sending commands via help menu.
Are you talking about via FIOS app?
Have you tried rebooting DVRs and router?
If having app issues, also try deleting and reinstalling.
Why do you think 50%?
How many hours of HD programming does it show and what model DVR do you have?
The DVR also shows 101 hours of HD recorded. I submitted a FYI item showing I have fixed the problem. I deleted the Recently Deleted files and everything is now working correctly. Who knows how this occured, just one of those things. 🙂
Here is an update to my issue. First and foremost Verizon tech support has no clue on how to fix this issue and I had to find a solution on my own. They originally told ne it was the update that cause the issue and a patch was in the works. That turned out to be untrue. Then after closing my tickets they told me in subsequent call that I could upload all my DVR content to the cloud in which I knew you could not do that. I had to go back and forth explain that you can only upload your settings to the cloud and not the content. Then in yet another call I was told that the problem is with my hard drive and I would need to switch it out. I would just have to live with loosing the 167 hours of recorded video. If they cannot find a immediate solution they always want to just switch out the unit. That's like bringing your car in for repair and instead of locating the problem they tell you just buy a new car and it will fix the issue.
Now for solution. The problem was three corrupted files on the hard drive. On the 18th of January, my media player was interrupted and rebooted. I have two units and this only happened to one of the units. Each of the three recordings showed the shows be recorded twice at the same time with the first being an hour long and the second being 15 minutes long. The first part of the recording actual recording time was only 7 minutes which was giving a misreading of the actual recorded time. I deleted these recording and viewed them on demand, however, after the deletion it went from 90% full to 4% full which was still incorrect. At this time I should only be at 27% full. I could not find any other corrupted recordings so I had to think what else it could be. Last night it hit me the recordings though deleted where still in the history and recently deleted folders. I went ahead and deleted them there as well and low and behold I now show 27% recorded space. So anyone comes across this issue this is how I resolved it myself. I hope this helps someone out there in the future. One final thought is that tech support should know this. It seems to me this should have been the first step to take before running me through all the other processes. Also you need to train your people not to just go for the replacement after a short trouble shooting excercise.