DVR Upgrade FAILURE. I have been trying for a MONTH!!
MollyBerry1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having issue after issue with Verizon, and am frustrated to the point of tears! Please HELP ME!!

I have been trying to upgrade my DVR equipment and am ready to give up and SWITCH BACK TO DIRECTTV. Your website is so frustrating to find help! All the support links from the DVR Upgrade email return a "Bad Request" response and I have tried to speak with someone at support, and spent 2+ hours with no success. Nobody returns my calls for support and nobody has an answer. So, why am I still here?!  The support links on "My Account" page are also returning "Bad Request". I have tried in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer 9.

Everyone I speak to (online chat, over the phone, email) tell me the same thing : log into your account and request the upgrade, then you will receive an email with a link. Use the link and follow the instructions for th eupgrade!

I received my upgrade email on February 15th, and have been banging my head against the wall ever since. It does not work. I even went so far as to forward the email and provide my personal login info to one of your tech support guys ( the only helpful one I have spoken to so far!!!) and he was so perplexed I found myself on a conference call with 5 tech support guys all working on it.

There is something seriously wrong with your process, site, support and overall customer satisfaction and consumer products at Verizon.

You are not helping me, the consumer, receive what I was promised, and I am ready to give up.

Re: DVR Upgrade FAILURE. I have been trying for a MONTH!!
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
george102

I have same problem. Can someone help? Weblink doesnt work and when I contact verizon I am directed to same link.

0 Likes
alliekc1

I too have been trying to get the new dvr.  I would appreciate being contacted asap.

0 Likes
Wiz514
Enthusiast - Level 2

YES!!!...TERRIBLE!!! I received the e-mail for my upgrade and it didnt work also, After about 3 calls to verizon, most with extended wait times, someone FINALLY got me my upgrade shipped to me. I hooked it up but no luck, Activation failed !!! another round of calls, ALL with too long wait itmes, and finally got someone through LIVE chat online to try and help, which they could not. So Verizon sent me ANOTHER 500GB STB which gave me the same authentication failed message...1 HOUR ON THE PHONE HOLDING ON A SUNDAY just to get another rep to tell me there are HUGE outages in upstate NY (Which I am not in, Im on Long Island which would not be upstate but thats another issue) and I have to call back tomorrow....Most if not all of my dealings with Verizon customer support over the 4 or 5 years I have been dealing with them have been EXTREMELY Frustrating and way to long. I still cannot get this 500 GB DVR working and I am not looking forward to tomorrows conversation. Needless to say they all have had me running all over the house resetting the router, unplugging the DVR, unhooking the coax cable from the DVR etc...etc...etc. 

0 Likes