Switch Account

DVR Upgrade Fee

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

DVR Upgrade Fee

Message 1 of 3
(1,533 Views)

Is there any way to avoid the $40 DVR upgrade fee (I have one of the old 7000 series ones)?

Also, do I need to upgrade the 7100 STBs i have as well?

Thanks...

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: DVR Upgrade Fee

Message 2 of 3
(1,528 Views)

Sure.  Tell Verizon you'll switch service to the competetor.  Also be prepared to actually get disconnected if retention is not interetested in you as a customer.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: DVR Upgrade Fee

Message 3 of 3
(1,497 Views)

There are 3 main reasons to want to exchange your DVR/STB:

1.) Your current DVR/STB is malfunctioning.

In this case, you can get a free replacement. However, it might not be an upgrade.

2.) You have a model 6200 or 6416 and cannot tune to certain HD channels included in your subscription package.

In this case, you can get a free upgrade. But while a replacement DVR will most likely have a 500GB drive, it is not required to.

3.) You just want a DVR with a 500GB drive.

In this case you will have to pay the $40 upgrade fee.

I've heard that it is possible to go to your local FiOS store and beg for one. But I can't promise results.

Find this post helpful, informative or just something you agree with? Click the red ‘thumbs-up’ button.
Did this post solve your problem? Click the green ‘Accept as Solution’ button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.