DVR and Fios
jesset2000

I would very much like to switch to FIOS Tv but I don't want to give up my Hughes SD DVR40. I've been told by Verizon that this unit

will work with FIOS. I've also been told by Verizon that it will not work. Does any one know?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: DVR and Fios
Hubrisnxs
Legend

it will only work IF it has a cable card slot in the back of it.  I just googled it, looked at the back panel, so I am pretty sure this box does not have a cable card slot in it, and so it won't work on FiOS

@jesset2000 wrote:

I would very much like to switch to FIOS Tv but I don't want to give up my Hughes SD DVR40. I've been told by Verizon that this unit

will work with FIOS. I've also been told by Verizon that it will not work. Does any one know?

Thanks

0 Likes
NW_GXP

The Hughes SD DVR40 is a Directv Tivo and definately will not work with Fios. You would need to get a new/used Tivo with a cable card slot but the user interface is virtually the same so the only negative is the up front cost.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@jesset2000 wrote:

Thanks

Thats the DTV version right? The one prior to the DTV/TIVO switch? I had one several years ago but it was a Tivo/DTV box. Only works with DTV, no other provider.

The only 3rd party DVR's that will work with Verizon are DVR's that use cable cards.

0 Likes
jesset2000

Thanks

That's what I thought. Glad I didn't jump into a two year contract.

0 Likes