DVR and STB turning off
CAG6
Enthusiast - Level 3
For the past couples weeks, our STB and DVR have been turning off on their own. One morning I turned on the tv and had no channel. On the screen there was the message saying to press the menu button. When I pressed the menu button, there was the initial setup screen. There was then a message saying the setup failed or something and to press the B button. I pressed the blue B button, there was a message saying there was an outage in our area. I called Verizon and was told the media guide was updated and that the STB needed to be reset. Then last week, I fell asleep while watching tv; when I woke up and tried to turn off the tv, the screen was frozen. I got the message to press the blue B button. I got the same message saying there was an outage. I turned off the tv, waited about 45 minutes, and turned the tv back on. The STB seemed to reset itself and the channels were back. About five minutes ago, the DVR again turned off. Lately, I've also noticed the shows I've been watching freezing for a second or so. We just got FiOS TV this past May. Anyone know what could be happening?
0 Likes