DVR and shows that run one minute over the hour.
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

So Dancing with the Stars runs from 9 to 10:01pm. This causes issues.

So i went to the Manage recordings function in the DVR system. Seems like that could solve this.  Well, no.  It has settings you can change and I thought it would work, but for some reason, i want it to end a minute earlier and there is no choice for a minute earlier. There is only ways to extend the end. I want the show to end at 10pm exactly. Otherwise i cant record 2 10pm shows.  Please add that to the DVR.  Add a way to stop a show at the end of the hour.  Some run a minute long.  I dont want that minute. That minute costs me a show.

0 Likes
Re: DVR and shows that run one minute over the hour.
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could go to DVR and select Create New Recording>Manual Recording>OK

From there you can set what channel the date and the time. Also if you want to repeat on certain days. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Networks are doing this on purpose.

That want show to run over so you will miss the beginning of a show on another network.

That is one of the reasons Verizon came out with the VMS that supports up to 6 tuners.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks, yeah, i did the manual recording. Boy, that was a pain and had to do it twice. didnt seem to take the first time.  Lots of work all because of that extra minute.  ALso, when i set it to recurring, it didnt show in the scheduled shows.  PIA.  it only showed when i did it for the one show. SMH.

I guess i need a new dvr so i dont have conflicts.  I mean this solution is a bunch of work.  Why not have the option to stop a show 1 minute early?????? instead of just extend.  Hello Fios, give us option to end ONE MINUTE EARLY please!  Wouldnt that be easier? Let me answer that... YES IT WOULD and  GREAT IDEA too! THNK U!

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Yep. Time to upgrade my DVR i guess.  Hmm. i guess verizon likes that too!  They are all together on this !!! lol

0 Likes