DVR box issue
de003ya

I received the worse customer service EVER!! I have had Verizon for the past 10+ and  on 11/28/17 my DVR box was having issues. I called the support team and was told that the dvr box was no longer any good so another one would be sent. Received the new replacement box on 11/29/17.  I installed the box and followed the instructions the same day i received the box.  The installation was easy and the box worked. 2 days later i return home from out of town only to find out that none of my other boxes worked. (family room, basement,  sons room) So i called Verizon back to speak with someone on 12/4.  I called the cust serv number that appeared on the tv screen and am told that my pin doesn't match what i provided. I explain to the gentlemen that i just called a couple of days ago and it worked fine. He REFUSED TO ASSIST ME. Once i asked to speak with a supervisor, i was then blind transferred to cust serv. Firstly, let me say that the call in system is the worse!!! The automated service takes you through a series of questions that have nothing to do with what you maybe calling in for if you're having a problem, issue or complaint about service that you've received. After waiting 20 mins for someone to pick up... I then have to explain my entire situation because the serv rep wants to question you about what you need b4 they will transfer you and then they still tranferred me to the wrong dept. FINALLY, i get to another person from the tech support dept that tells me that I've received the wrong box and that is why my other boxes and cable aren't working. He then sends me out the small box with no clock and i get that on 12/5/17. Clearly i did not know that it would be the small box. I call back on 12/5/17 @ 4:55pm and have to go through the entire process all over again. The blind transfers, the explanation of what's wrong. The error code. Then the tech says oh well i need you to go to each box and give me the serial numbers so we can work individually on each box. He then tells me after being on the phone 2hrs and 15 mins that the reason my other boxes aren't working is because my "main box" in my family room is not supposed to be there??!! I explain to this guy that I've had this box since I've had service with Verizon and that it is in fact supposed to be in my home. I then go online, pull up my acct and can see that the serial numbers of all my boxes are listed. I explain that to him and he then debates with me that i have an illegal box. 20 mins later i sit there and he individually programs the other boxes. I think ok, great finally now after 6 days with no cable in the rest of my house we're back to normal..WRONG!!! The very next day 12/6/17, i go in my basement and family room to see a message that says "video media error (11003). The device is not authorized to be used in this home. Please contact cust serv. 1.800.837.4966 or visit the website"... So i call back AGAIN!!! same prolonged process and blind transferred twice. Then asked to speak with a supervisor. Re-explained everything again.. All this in a 6-7 day time span and no one bothered to offer any compensation, discount rhyme or reason why after all these days I'm experiencing this issue.  This gentlemen that i spoke with took my frustration and said let me first apologize to you and let me see what i can do. He first verified my pin # with no problem. He went in to see that my receiving the new box had nothing to do with the issues with the other boxes. He verified that my dvr box in the family room, which i've been paying for since i first received fios serv 9-10 yrs ago IS supposed to be in my home. He went in and fixed the issues with all of the other televisions and informed me that ' IT WAS A KNOWN PROBLEM WITH THE BOXES BUT THEY MUST 1ST HAVE AT LEAST 10 COMPLAINTS OR CONCERNS BEFORE IT'S BROADCATED TO ALL EMPLOYEES "!!!  MY EXPEIRENCE & RESOLULTION SHOULD NOT BE BASED ON THAT. VERIZON SHOULD KNOW HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT TO DETERMINE THAT THE CUSTOMER IS NOT AT FAULT. TO ACCUSE ME OF HAVING AN ILLEGAL BOX IS BELITTLING ME SINCE VERIZON HAS THE TECHNOLOGY TO SEE WHEN SOMEONE HAS ILLEGAL CABLE!! I AM SO TEMPTED TO LEAVE VERIZON AFTER THIS FIASCO!!. I AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH THE AMOUNT OF TIME MY FAMILY WAS WITHOUT CABLE AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE I RECEIVED FROM BOTH THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT & THE VERIZON TECH SUPPORT. I also now have 2 boxes that i need to drop off. I will have to say that the time frame in which you receive the replacement equipment is exceptional. You receive a confirmation email and I received the email next day as promised. Just didn't received the resolution the same way. Very unhappy, longtime customer of Verizon Fios who's contemplating switching to another carrier. To have never had to call in and then to experience this kind of service has greatly devalued my experience with Verizon and placed doubt in my mind about whether or not i'd like to continue my service. Note, i also have my cell phones with Verizon. Very disappointed. 

0 Likes
Re: DVR box issue
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi de003ya,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes