DVR constant rebooting
Omni-Potent
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anybody else experience a constant rebooting of their DVR. There are other symptoms also. Like the standard STBs in the house will freeze up and require powering them down and rebooting. And my internet connection has been much slower doing this same period, and sometimes quit working altogether. A Verizon tech came out and replace my WAP/Router and network box outside the house, but that only fixed it for 24 hours. Someone in tech support rebooted the network box a couple of days ago, and that fixed it for another 24 hours, but internet connection still stays slow. I'm on the 20/5 service. All the speed test sites show a download speed of 5-10mb. Only the Verizon site will show 20mb. These "other" sites always showed 20mb's of download speed like the Verizon site when I first got the service. I just find it odd that these other outside sites show a slower speed now at the same time I'm having trouble.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DVR constant rebooting
Omni-Potent
Enthusiast - Level 3

This problem appears to be fixed. The tech came out and put in a another network box, and the newest wap/router. The new wap/router seems to have done the trick. The tech's explanation is...... Since the last change to the Verizon TV menu/guide there has been issues with some users. He thinks the firmware on the router was the root cause.

Anyhow, connection speed test are back to the speed they once were and no more STBs locking up and or rebooting on there own. I'll give it another 72 hours and then we can call it fixed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Omni-Potent
Enthusiast - Level 3

This problem appears to be fixed. The tech came out and put in a another network box, and the newest wap/router. The new wap/router seems to have done the trick. The tech's explanation is...... Since the last change to the Verizon TV menu/guide there has been issues with some users. He thinks the firmware on the router was the root cause.

Anyhow, connection speed test are back to the speed they once were and no more STBs locking up and or rebooting on there own. I'll give it another 72 hours and then we can call it fixed.

0 Likes
Teasip
Enthusiast - Level 3
I'm using my AT behind an Airport Extreme solely as a NIM and I still see issues.
0 Likes
Omni-Potent
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Teasip wrote:
I'm using my AT behind an Airport Extreme solely as a NIM and I still see issues.
But your Verizon supplied router still has interaction with your STBs. You network conntection goes through it first doesn't it? Why would using the AE make any difference?
0 Likes
Teasip
Enthusiast - Level 3
That's my point.  Even with the AT in the background I see issues intermittently.  In other words, maybe another source than just the AT.
0 Likes
Omni-Potent
Enthusiast - Level 3
I would have to call this problem fixed at this point.
0 Likes