DVR continually crashing.
NotMyWay
Enthusiast - Level 1

We seem to have issues with our DVR constantly and get frustrated because every time it happens we lose what is recorded on them.  We recently got the model 7232 and after about 6 months of dealing with it we called for a new one.  We received the replacement and also decided to get an external eSata drive so in the future we won't lose our recordings.  Before we activate the new DVR we were wondering if there was a way to transfer the programs we have recorded over to the eSata drive we bought.  If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it.

0 Likes
Re: DVR continually crashing.
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

NotMyWay,

Unfortunately,  there is no way to transfer information currently,  But this sounds like this post would be a perfect candidate for the Verizon Idea Exchange. Please search on the idea exchange and cast your vote. There may be another member who made the same suggestion. If not, please post as a new idea so your fellow community members can comment and vote on your suggestion.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange​/ct-p/ideaexchange

Thanks,

Tonya C.

0 Likes
Re: DVR continually crashing.
PJL
Master - Level 3

@NotMyWay wrote:

We seem to have issues with our DVR constantly and get frustrated because every time it happens we lose what is recorded on them.  We recently got the model 7232 and after about 6 months of dealing with it we called for a new one.  We received the replacement and also decided to get an external eSata drive so in the future we won't lose our recordings.  Before we activate the new DVR we were wondering if there was a way to transfer the programs we have recorded over to the eSata drive we bought.  If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it.

FYI, recordings on the eSATA drive will be lost if the original STB breaks and you get a new one.  External drives are tied to the box they are initialized with.  They cannot be moved to other STBs and retain recordings that may be on the drive.

0 Likes