Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

DVR deleting shows - delete it and it returns

gcville
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

DVR deleting shows - delete it and it returns

Message 1 of 2
(337 Views)

This is strange , but it is happening.

I deleted a show and it then showed back up when i went back in later. Happened more than once.

I had 3 shows in conflict and moved one to a later time. Then i deleted that one.  Then i left the dvr, came back in, and it was there again. SMH.  i tried this multiple times and same result. So it is the dvr.  

When you delete a show, it should be gone and not re-appear when you go back in.

This DVR also does not save settings. When i change sort to oldest first , it doesnt keep that setting. As soon as i leave and come back , it is set to the most recent recording first....which makes no sense.  Why would i want to watch a series out of order. I have to go down down down to watch the bottom most recording because that would be watching it in order. I dont get it. Who designed this dvr?  Needs to have setting save feature so it isnt lost every time we go out of the dvr. 

1 REPLY 1
clem53
MVP MVP
MVP

Re: DVR deleting shows - delete it and it returns

Message 2 of 2
(301 Views)

@gcville wrote:

This is strange , but it is happening.

I deleted a show and it then showed back up when i went back in later. Happened more than once.

I had 3 shows in conflict and moved one to a later time. Then i deleted that one.  Then i left the dvr, came back in, and it was there again. SMH.  i tried this multiple times and same result. So it is the dvr.  

When you delete a show, it should be gone and not re-appear when you go back in.

This DVR also does not save settings. When i change sort to oldest first , it doesnt keep that setting. As soon as i leave and come back , it is set to the most recent recording first....which makes no sense.  Why would i want to watch a series out of order. I have to go down down down to watch the bottom most recording because that would be watching it in order. I dont get it. Who designed this dvr?  Needs to have setting save feature so it isnt lost every time we go out of the dvr. 

I assume you went here to change the priority of the shows: Main Menu > DVR > Configure & Upgrade > Default Series Options>Priority. When you leave the menu your choices SHOULD stick. I'd also try unplugging power to the box for at least 3 minutes and plugging it back in. Try setting your preferences again. Also you should try making the changes on the VMS box, not the mini.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title