DVR dimensions
RickWarner
Enthusiast - Level 1
I am buying a new tv stand and am getting fios multi-room dvr. I know there is more than one model dvr, but what are the dimensions of the one you have? I want to buy the shallowest stand I can find, but want to make sure the dvr fits inside.. Thanks!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DVR dimensions
prisaz
Legend

@RickWarner wrote:
I am buying a new tv stand and am getting fios multi-room dvr. I know there is more than one model dvr, but what are the dimensions of the one you have? I want to buy the shallowest stand I can find, but want to make sure the dvr fits inside.. Thanks!

Here is a link to the support page that lists each set top box and digital video recorder model. On each of the model's page, there is a link to the dimensions. It is difficult to tell; exactly what model you will get for your install. But you can try to find out. Some areas get Cisco where they are all the same. Some areas get Motorola where there are various models. I hope this helps.

http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/TV/fiostv/receivers/equipment+issues/top+questions.htm#

View solution in original post

prisaz
Legend

@RickWarner wrote:

Here is a link to the support page that lists each set top box and digital video recorder model. On each of the model's page, there is a link to the dimensions. It is difficult to tell; exactly what model you will get for your install. But you can try to find out. Some areas get Cisco where they are all the same. Some areas get Motorola where there are various models. I hope this helps.

http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/TV/fiostv/receivers/equipment+issues/top+questions.htm#

prisaz
Legend

Also let me remind everyone not to restrict the air flow around the boxes. They need ventilation.

0 Likes
temporaryid
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you're getting a new install in a Motorola area, I suggest you insist that they give you a 7232 DVR.  This is the latest and only one with 500GB of built-in storage.  If they attempt to install a silver DVR, that's probably a 6416 and you don't want that.  You have more leverage as a new customer before the install starts, so verify the boxes before anything gets installed.

prisaz
Legend

@temporaryid wrote:

If you're getting a new install in a Motorola area, I suggest you insist that they give you a 7232 DVR.  This is the latest and only one with 500GB of built-in storage.  If they attempt to install a silver DVR, that's probably a 6416 and you don't want that.  You have more leverage as a new customer before the install starts, so verify the boxes before anything gets installed.

I agree 100%. If they show up with the silver boxes, send them away. DO NOT accept a 6416. I would insist on seeing the boxes or having a guarantee prior to having them start work on anything. Remember I do not believe the new motorola boxes have a clock or channel display. But I am almost positive they stopped the 6416 installs. I like Cisco myself, but that's me. I have had both.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@prisaz wrote:

I agree 100%. If they show up with the silver boxes, send them away. DO NOT accept a 6416. I would insist on seeing the boxes or having a guarantee prior to having them start work on anything. Remember I do not believe the new motorola boxes have a clock or channel display. But I am almost positive they stopped the 6416 installs. I like Cisco myself, but that's me. I have had both.

The newest boxes, the QIP7232 DVR does have the clock/display and the 7100-P2 STB does not. I second the recommendation to completely refuse a QIP6416, in fact refuse any QIP6xxx box, and I really would recommend you refuse any QIP7216 DVR also. The 7232 is the way to go for a DVR, the 7100-P2 is the way to go for an HD STB (ie, accept black boxes only).

Just my $0.02 worth as a previous user of a 6416 DVR box and a current user of the 7232 and 7100-P2.

Keller, TX 76248