DVR does not let you rewind for 1 hr on live tv. only lets you rewind 45 min.
Hapkidomage

DVR does not let you rewind for 1 hr on live tv. only lets you rewind 45 min.

Must have been the last update.

Any idea why it was changed?

Thanks,

HapkidoMage

0 Likes
Re: DVR does not let you rewind for 1 hr on live tv. only lets you rewind 45 min.
matcarl
Master - Level 1

I have no problem rewinding 1 hour

0 Likes
Re: DVR does not let you rewind for 1 hr on live tv. only lets you rewind 45 min.
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

I have found that mine only does about 50 minutes of rewind even though the darkened portion of the info bar shows that there should be an hour buffered.

0 Likes
PennyO1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Which model DVR do you have?  My DVR only rewinds 30 minutes.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

The bar Usually shows whatever show is being displayed time, rather than the buffer.

On  my 7232, I haven't ever had trouble rewinding a hour as long as the tuner was never in use for another channel.  You flip up and down more than once or if you have programs recording on other tuner and flip once, and you lose the buffer.

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

tns is right... the rewind buffer is not based on simply an hour duration for recording, but on the DVR's memory of that channel.

On your DVR, you can only rewind on that channel as far back as you've been/stayed on that channel (even with the DVR off). if you changed channels, though, going to the last button and rewinding will only rewind back to the duration of time the DVR has been on for.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

One thing to add, if you use ON DEMAND, the DVR only rewinds back to the channel you are on for Live TV and does not retain the 'last channel' in its memory for live TV.

0 Likes