DVR doesnt show external drive when accessed from Ipad app or from web
silver_2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ive struggled with getting the prescribed WD Drive working with the new DVR

Its now working and on the TV it shows the second drive and that its almost empty

On the IPad app there is NO reference to the second drive and the drive space on that DVR shows as 90% full

Same with looking at it from the website

the DVRs internal drive is 90% full.  Why doenst the app show the second drive status ? 

Finally Ive purchased the Esata second drive so I could record the Olympics - the App shows 40 some episodes of the olympics recorded but when I click them the list never loads ...

Anyone have any ideas ?

0 Likes
Re: DVR doesn't show external drive when accessed from Ipad app or from web
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with the external drive. It does not appear the external drive is actually working correctly. The DVR should be recording to the external drive and fill it up first before recording to the internal drive. I have copied your post to our private support board so we can get more information. Please refer all correspondences there from here on out.

0 Likes
silver_2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

the drive is NOT working correctly BUT ALSO the app is not working correctly either

the supported WD drive causes the DVR To lock up when watching shows that have been recorded on the External drive

with the external drive disconnected the DVR works fine

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@silver_2000 wrote:

the drive is NOT working correctly ... the supported WD drive causes the DVR To lock up when watching shows that have been recorded on the External drive .... with the external drive disconnected the DVR works fine

... Indicating that the issue is  very much related to the external drive (perhaps solely).  The external drive is obviously not a concern of Verizon, so here's where I'd start.

First, the WD drives have a tendency to be very sensitive to the specific eSata cable used.  Many users on this board have found this out the hard way.  In my own case, I didn't bother with the cable shipped with my WD drive and instead replaced it prior to use with another brand.  Worked properly from the start.

Second, if there is an issue with the drive itself (and that's a reasonable conclusion), then WD is the group to contact.  I am almost certain they will ship you a replacement with few questions asked.  Good luck.

0 Likes
silver_2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ive replaced the cable and now have sent the drive back as well

0 Likes
silver_2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

new drive is here

Just connected it

Seems to be better BUT very little has been recorded so far

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes
silver_2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

seems the firet drive was a dud

Second drive is working fine

first one was returned to amazon

the app still doesnt show any information about the external drive

the drive status shows the status of the intrernal drive only

i dont know how to access the "private support case"  so I updated here

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@silver_2000 wrote:

... seems the first drive was a dud ... Second drive is working fine ... first one was returned to Amazon ... the app still doesn't show any information about the external drive ... the drive status shows the status of the internal drive only ...

Glad to hear that my "guess" was at least in the ballpark regarding the external drive itself.  Unfortunately I haven't a clue about the iPad app, but it's quite likely that the issue is related to the  Apple software rather than either VZ coding (IMG 1.9.1) or the WD drive characteristics.

0 Likes
silver_2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

The external drive is not shown on this website nor on the ios app ..

Seems Verizon didnt include the website or the app with the ability to recognize the external drives

0 Likes