DVR estimation of percent full
MsFjordstone
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm using the QIP 7200 with a brand new Samsung plasma tv, recording mostly HD programs, and I notice that the estimation of percentage full is usually very off.  I had two two-hour movies in storage, and the screen informed me that my DVR was 30% full; after watching and deleting one of the movies, the screen indicated that the DVR was now 28% full.  Which, of course, doesn't make any sense.

Is there anything I can do to re-set the box so that the estimate is more accurate?  For that matter, does anyone know approximately how much recording capacity this model has?  The guide is unhelpful, and I've only been able to find a few comments here and there on message boards from a few years ago that say 18-24 hours, but don't specify which model box to which they're referring.

Thanks in advance for the advice...

0 Likes
Re: DVR estimation of percent full
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

Hi, the DVR's hold 20 hours of HD recordings or 80 hours of SD recordings.  Or of course a mix of both.  Try unplugging the box for a few moments to reset it.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

if you think it's reporting incorrect storage left, then you can clear that data and let it re-sync.  this usually fixes that problem.

click on Menu ->Settings->System Info     and then just press 4883  

0 Likes
MsFjordstone
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks very much -- I've been too lazy to go back there and unplug the box, but I'll do that this weekend.

0 Likes
MsFjordstone
Enthusiast - Level 2

There's no field for entering data -- just type in 4883 while I'm on that screen?  What exactly does that do?  Re-synch?  Clear and re-synch?  Would it make sense to unplug the box, first?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

it clears a certain set of data that corresponds to the dvr.   and yes there is no place to enter it, you simply get to that page and then hit 4883 and hit ok.   you should get a confirmation message after you do that.

0 Likes