DVR exits to same channel
mikejm30
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the last software update in Sept I am seeing an issue where after a program on the DVR/media server finishes playing and it exits to live TV, it always exits to channel 594 CBS Sports Network HD. No matter what channel I am on, it will exit to 594. Before the update, it would exit to whatever channel I was already on when I started playing the recording. The 2nd recent update from a week or so ago did not fix this and it's still exiting to channel 594. 

I assume this is a bug. Please fix this or help me determine what I can do to change this irritating behavior. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DVR exits to same channel
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mikejm30 wrote:

Am I really the only one that this happens to? Maybe it seems trivial, but it is annoying, especially if I'm interested in rewinding and watching whatever channel I'm on when the recording is done playing.

There used to be a setting for that in the menu, but it looks like its gone now. I wonder if its related to your favorites list somehow?

View solution in original post

mikejm30
Enthusiast - Level 2

Am I really the only one that this happens to? Maybe it seems trivial, but it is annoying, especially if I'm interested in rewinding and watching whatever channel I'm on when the recording is done playing.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mikejm30 wrote:

There used to be a setting for that in the menu, but it looks like its gone now. I wonder if its related to your favorites list somehow?

mikejm30
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're a genius! 

594 is the last channel in Favorites 1. I went into Settings, System, Favorite Channels, then Tune to Favorites, and saw it was set to Favorites 1. I changed it to All Channels and now when a recording ends it stays on the channel it was already on when I started watching the recording!

Thank you so much!!