DVR extremely slow after update
boutym

I'm finding that ever since the DVR menus changed to the new look that my DVR is incredibly slow to do do anything.  Setting a program to record takes twice as long.  Most other functions are very slow also.  Guide is slow to load and navigate.

0 Likes
Re: DVR extremely slow after update
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

To fix the the slowness press menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION.

Smokeater55

Anthony,

I've got the Cisco DVR and I did the STB Auto Correction as you suggested.  Yep, I selected the right STB and got the message:

Commands were sent successfully to the Set Top Box(s) you selected.  It will take about 2 to 5 minutes to complete the correction process.  Once completed, you will see the following message: 'Press MENU to watch FIOS TV, otherwise turn OFF your TV'

About 10+ minutes went by and the STB did not re-boot and I did not get the "Press MENU" message on screen; the red Auto Correction page just went away to live video.  Soooooo, did my box update or what?

0 Likes
Smokeater55

Anthony,

I've got the Cisco DVR and I did the STB Auto Correction as you suggested.  Yep, I selected the right STB and got the message:

Commands were sent successfully to the Set Top Box(s) you selected.  It will take about 2 to 5 minutes to complete the correction process.  Once completed, you will see the following message: 'Press MENU to watch FIOS TV, otherwise turn OFF your TV'

About 10+ minutes went by and the STB did not re-boot and I did not get the "Press MENU" message on screen; the red Auto Correction page just went away to live video.  Soooooo, did my box update or what?

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

No the box did not update. It should have shut off. Please go through it again, this time making sure you select all the boxes.

0 Likes
Smokeater55

Anthony, No Joy.....I start the operation at 10:55 AM, system reported all three of my STB units & I checked them all.  On screen message tells me it is to take 2 to 5 minutes.  Once again I'm waiting for the message "Press MENU to watch FIOS TV"  but the red screen just stays on.....At 11:10 AM the red screen went back to video  just like the last time.  I was not to hit the "Exit for Live TV button right?  That looked like it would abort the operation.

Just for fun, I tried it again at 10:11 AM.  Again it started and IDed all three STB units in my house, I selected all three at about 10:12 AM it started. 10:26 AM the red screen went back to video again.  No prompt per the message. 

So what would have happen if my STB had already been updated?

thanks much,

Richard

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Hi,

I am glad we could assist with the sluggish DVR.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free.

We're here 24/7

Kim C

0 Likes
Tennisbum2
Enthusiast - Level 1
I updated to FIOS Quantum recently and had issues with slow DVR response. Anthony's solution fixed my problems, but the menu options have changed since his post. To fix DVR slowness press MENU, then CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then SUPPORT TOOLS, then FIX FIOS TV ISSUES. Follow the prompts to resolve set top box problems.
0 Likes