DVR freezing while watching recorded programs
jen9372

Since the new upgrade to the system on Oct 26, I cannot watch a DVR recorded show without the show freezing at different points in the program.  This has happened consistently with every program I've recorded on each DVR and then tried to watch both while the program is still recording or when i watch after the recording has ended.  The program even froze while I was watching an ABC HD show on VOD.  This froze mid-program and I was unable to finish watching the VOD.  When will this be fixed?  How many people have to post comments or call Fios "customer service" before this is corrected?  

I've called Fios about this previously and waited on the phone for 33 minutes to speak with someone who was unable to help me.  I will not continue to call and waste my time because of faulty equipment and faulty service from Fios.  I pay for two HD DVR's and two additional HD boxes in my home, not to mention the internet, home phone, wireless services, and this lack of service is unacceptable.  I would rather pay more money and go back to cable--at least they had reliable service.

0 Likes
Re: DVR freezing while watching recorded programs
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: DVR freezing while watching recorded programs
cschanno

My family is experiencing the same problem.  The DVR will freeze and and then attempt to reboot while watching a recorded program.  I didn't realize that this may be linked to a system upgrade.  I've tried the online resolutions and this is the first time I learned of someone else having the problem.

Let me know if Verizon gets this fixed.  It's driving my family crazy.

0 Likes