Re: DVR freezing while watching recorded programs
Geee1

I have this issue on both my DVRs.  I have taken to rebooting the DVRs weekly to prevent the issue.  If I do not reset the DVRs about 2 weeks later it starts hanging on playback.

0 Likes
Lilnonny1

Your suggestion to reboot as part of a preventive strike is a pretty good idea that I wouldn't have connected with the problem. We shouldn't have to do this; the technology should be better than this! It is so extremely frustrating isn't it? Thanks again.

0 Likes
Me-and-not-u

so reading over the post maybe there is no fix? it might be time to go to comcast and drop verizon they keep asking me to renew my 2 year agreement for equipment that has these issues, I just need to think this out now

0 Likes
JanetInNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had this same issue as well.  I tried rebooting the box with no success.  It has only happened a few times.  We have 2 HD DVRs -- one in LR and one in son's bedroom.  The last time it happened, I watched a program in the LR that I had recorded to my son's DVR.  Then I TRIED watching a program I recorded on LR DVR and it kept freezing up about 10 minutes in.  I was watching both of these programs in the LR.

Oddly -- the programs that froze up were recorded from CBS.  I am trying to keep track of circumstances of shows that freeze.  Have not tried customer service yet.  I don't think replacing the box would help.

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

The next version of software 1.9.1 (coming out now) will fix the freezing and random reboots. Everyone should have it soon.

0 Likes
candcgregory
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I have 1.9.1 on my DVR, and while watching Game of Thrones, which I recorded tonight, the program has frozen/pixilated no fewer than 4 times.

So...apparently 1.9.1 is not the fix. 

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1
That is hard to say based on one recording.  Was it live or recorded?  

@candcgregory wrote:

Well, I have 1.9.1 on my DVR, and while watching Game of Thrones, which I recorded tonight, the program has frozen/pixilated no fewer than 4 times.

0 Likes
tedward1

After reading all the complaints of the freezing during DVR Playback. I am glad to know we arent the only ones suffering.  Verizon customer service to get these issues resolved is a joke.  Transferred here, there and guess what..call dropped. Thank You.  So does any know what is the fix to this problem aside from unplugging everything for 30 seconds and restart?

0 Likes
candcgregory
Enthusiast - Level 3
I watched the Borgias on my DVR, recorded last night, and it, too had the pixilation, skips. Happened twice. I'll be watching, and the show will freeze, skip ahead 2-3 seconds, and when the program begins again, there is pixilation of the picture for a few seconds. Both the Borgias, and Game of Thrones, have done this. I have 1.9.1..problem occurs on playback from Showtime and HBO now.
How is this acceptable to Verizon, especially considering how much we all pay every month? Can't you people do anything right?

@nascar wrote:

@candcgregory wrote:

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1
Could be something other than 1.9.1.  Older DVR? Recommended eSATA drive used? Could be an issue with the signal?
Im not saying it is not 1.9.1 but I don't know based on the lack of details you provided.

@candcgregory wrote:
I watched the Borgias on my DVR, recorded last night, and it, too had the pixilation, skips. Happened twice. I'll be watching, and the show will freeze, skip ahead 2-3 seconds, and when the program begins again, there is pixilation of the picture for a few seconds. Both the Borgias, and Game of Thrones, have done this. I have 1.9.1..problem occurs on playback from Showtime and HBO now.
How is this acceptable to Verizon, especially considering how much we all pay every month? Can't you people do anything right?

@nascar wrote:

@candcgregory wrote:

0 Likes