Re: DVR freezing while watching recorded programs
candcgregory
Enthusiast - Level 3

Signal strength should not be the issue. How do I check? I see the SNR value/level, but I assumed that was for the WIFI. SNR value is 39 db. SNR level: good. 

System info: 

release: 1.9.1

build number: 14.47

data object version number: 34.47

platform id: Motorola QIP-7232 P2

no external hard drive being used

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1
Everything looks good on your end.  Will have to see if more people experience this.

@candcgregory wrote:

Signal strength should not be the issue. How do I check? I see the SNR value/level, but I assumed that was for the WIFI. SNR value is 39 db. SNR level: good. 

System info: 

release: 1.9.1

build number: 14.47

data object version number: 34.47

platform id: Motorola QIP-7232 P2

no external hard drive being used

0 Likes
DahlekKahn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got FIOS and 2 HD DVR's less than 2 months ago, and have lost several recording to this problem already.

I would be Playing something I DVR'd and at a random point, somethimes 3 minutes in, sometimes 25 minutes in, it freezes.  stopping and replaying from beginning does not help, chapters never work on the recordings that freeze, I never found a way around it.

Using the on screen menu for the "anyroom dvr fix" did not help, power cycling the box did not help, attempting to watch it from another box did not help.

I ended up deleting thoes recording.

I'm paying for DVR service, I don't find this acceptable performance from Verizon as a service provider.

Suspiciously looks like the same problems when a video file stored on my computer has become corrupted, it will play up to the point the file is corrupted, then freeze, because the decoder for that coex is lost attempting to look forward for the next block that it can process.

sometimes this was a bit-wise corruption of the data itself, sometimes this was a bad sector on the Hard Drive. 

0 Likes
hannonpi

I just upgraded to the 7232 and am having exactly the same problems, once it starts it even occur on live tv. Appears to be a software bug, the longer the thing runs the worse it gets. As this is a new unit it is running 1.9.1. I've seen picture drops, audio drops and unresponsiveness with live tv, recorded, and on demand. I don't think it has to do with the type of video, just in general the machine gets choked up.

-paddy

0 Likes