DVR goes to red curtain please wait initial download screen EVERY time it comes out of standby
Pete1980
Enthusiast - Level 2
Hi,

I had a problem with one of my DVR's giving me a message in the corner that the remote was disabled while an update was loading. This would happen for about a minute or two every time I came out of standby. When I called in last night, the tech support person reloaded the software.

Now this box goes to the red curtain, please wait / initial download screen EVERY time it comes out of standby. If I press the power button on the remote by mistake, I have to wait through that please wait screen before the tv programming will appear.

The tech support person said that this is normal expected behavior. I explained that my 2 other DVR's in the house do not do this, and various other DVR's I've had since signing up in 2007 also have not done this. She couldn't explain why they don't buy said that this box must just be slower to turn on. It is one of the newer black Motorola DVR's so I find it hard to believe it is slower than the older silver one.

Is there anything I can do so that it won't do this "initial" download every time (28 times a day...)???
0 Likes
Re: DVR goes to red curtain please wait initial download screen EVERY time it comes out of standby
PJL
Master - Level 3

Call back and require them to send you a new STB.  Something is hosed in it.  This is definitely NOT normal behavior.

0 Likes