DVR hard drive overheated message
loomlady

Recently tried to rewind a program I was watching and got a message that the hard drive was overheated. Even with the DVR off it sounds as if the drive is running. It is unobstructed, is my DVR going bad and should I request a new one?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DVR hard drive overheated message
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If you're overheating, then you should start to worry about it.  It shouldn't produce an overheating message out of the thin air, so your DVR is in fact telling you someting.    

Every once in a while feel the STB to see if it's abnormally hot.

If there is anything sitting on top of the DVR then take it off.

If the DVR is in a cabinet - then try to get it in more open space, or add a fan down there (from the store)

In general though, you should probably request a new DVR and change it over.  If it died on you and it was over a weekend without UPS delivery - then you might be stuck in a bad position waiting a few days to watch TV. 

Click the Contact Us  and open a Live Chat session, and let them know it's abnormally loud, and you got an overheating message on the screen. 

The DVR has a hard drive in it, so you'll hear that, but it shouldn't be abnormally loud. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If you're overheating, then you should start to worry about it.  It shouldn't produce an overheating message out of the thin air, so your DVR is in fact telling you someting.    

Every once in a while feel the STB to see if it's abnormally hot.

If there is anything sitting on top of the DVR then take it off.

If the DVR is in a cabinet - then try to get it in more open space, or add a fan down there (from the store)

In general though, you should probably request a new DVR and change it over.  If it died on you and it was over a weekend without UPS delivery - then you might be stuck in a bad position waiting a few days to watch TV. 

Click the Contact Us  and open a Live Chat session, and let them know it's abnormally loud, and you got an overheating message on the screen. 

The DVR has a hard drive in it, so you'll hear that, but it shouldn't be abnormally loud. 

0 Likes
loomlady

Thank you. That is what I thought.

0 Likes