DVR has no shows recorded, yet shows nearly half of the capacity as being used
MRI1

Finally cleared out the recorded shows on my DVR, and I noticed this evening that even though there is nothing recorded on it, it is still showing 44% full.

Anyone run into this? Any ideas on how to clear the thing so that I have all 100% of the storage space available to me?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DVR has no shows recorded, yet shows nearly half of the capacity as being used
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Known issue.  Try re-booting the DVR either from the menu or by pulling the power plug fro 15 seconds.  Usually clears it up but be aware it will probably happen again Smiley Mad

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: DVR has no shows recorded, yet shows nearly half of the capacity as being used
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Known issue.  Try re-booting the DVR either from the menu or by pulling the power plug fro 15 seconds.  Usually clears it up but be aware it will probably happen again Smiley Mad

0 Likes
MRI1

Thanks for the information. I'll give that a try when I get home this evening.

I actually thought about that, but the ball game was compelling enough that I didn't want to wait for the box to reset. Smiley Wink

0 Likes
MrTom1

Had same issue..thanks for the tip

0 Likes
logan81
Contributor - Level 3
Sometimes when you delete programs it saves them in storage for a short time just in case you want to "restore" them. kind of like when you delete an email and it sits in the deleted folder for a short time. Not sure if this has anything to do with your situation, just saying it is a possibility. they might get cleared out anyways when you reboot your box.
0 Likes