Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

DVR ignores remote and front panel buttons

chipchristian
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

DVR ignores remote and front panel buttons

Message 1 of 5
(1,397 Views)

This has happened to me a few times now with my 7232 running IMG 1.9.  

I wonder if it's happening to others as well?  

Is it firmware or hardware?

I had to pull the power cord to get it back to a usable state.  Is there anything else I might be able to try?

4 REPLIES 4
Ian_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: DVR ignores remote and front panel buttons

Message 2 of 5
(1,360 Views)

I apologize for the trouble you've been having with the DVR and I'd like to assist.  I have a few more questions so I've sent you a private message, please respond when you get a chance.  Thank you.

Ian_VZ
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Ian_VZ
Employee Emeritus

Message 3 of 5
(1,326 Views)

Ian_VZ
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus

Message 4 of 5
(1,322 Views)

We have not received other complaints about the front buttons not working after the 1.9 upgrade. Since you have tried doing a normal reboot, I will send a reprogramming command to your DVR. We did receive your information from the instructions Ian sent you. I will reprogram your box at say 3am to reduce possibility of you being up watching it or recording anything. If this doesn't permanently fix it, that means its a physical issue and will need to replace the box. If that's the case please send me a private message so I can get that process started if needed. Thanks for your patience and choosing Verizon.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus

Message 5 of 5
(1,312 Views)

I have successfully reprogrammed your box. Please monitor and if still problematic send me a private mesage

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title