DVR instructions & TIVO comparison
jeff6strings

As posted in a previous thread and as a converting TIVO user it would be nice to have detailed documentation on the DVR features besides what it can do.

Anyway, as mentioned I'm moving from TIVO to the Fios DVR and a little confused with scheduling the recording of TV shows. With the TIVO there is a feature called Season Pass where you could select a Show (not the individual episode) and record that show whenever it's on, either first run or re-run. With the Verizon DVR I can see how to record the individual episodes of a show but not the whole show like I could in TIVO.

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Re: DVR instructions & TIVO comparison
Justin46
Legend
On my FiOS DVR, I just hit the Record button once to start recording an episode, then hit the Record button again and I am given the choice of stopping the recording or recording the series. I think that is somewhat similar to the Season Pass on Tivo (never had a Tivo). Will that do for you?
0 Likes
Re: DVR instructions & TIVO comparison
WithAK

There is no comparison. 

How about investing in one TiVo for your programming staff and let them share it for a night each and get an idea of how a DVR works. I doubt they have any copyrighted features.

Side note!! Does anybody know how to see what sporting events are on right now? It must be here somewhere. Every other Cable or Satellite guide has it.

0 Likes